Friday, February 25, 2011

The French Mistake

A little delayed on our part, but this weeks episode we find the boys in an alternate universe thanks to an all out blitz on, well, everyone, by Raphael, Balthazar (who is epic by the way) sends the boys into a universe where their life is a television show called 'Supernatural' and they're actors names Jared Padalecki (What's a Jared Padalecki?) and Jensen Ackles, Castiel is an actor named Misha Collins who is addicted to twitter... (By the way, please follow and become a Misha Minion @mishacollins) and Sam, or that Jared Pada--lecki? thing is married to.... Ruby.... Genevieve Courtese. 

Now, I had a tense discussion with my co-writer of this blog on how this episode was going to go, A) because I'm not a fan of Ruby, like all of us.. but I'm even less of a fan of Genevieve Courtese. (Sorry, I know. Bitchy on my end. Don't judge me. I just can't ever seem to like the work she does. I'm sure she's a wonderful person....) and B) most shows who dive into the alternate universe where they play themselves in the show that they're in... also known as the "Show Within a Show" never ever works out and just turns out bad. I'll have you know, no spoilers here, but this was a very well thought out episode, (minus the like 3 scenes Genevieve was in... *cough* sorry.) and Ben Edlund did an epic job at directing this, as usual. The humor and the story line worked well together, it was on track, didn't steer from the general plot of the season and still managed to keep the amazing comedy and didn't take the real Jensen and Jared's life into the story, which was one of my fears. 

Anyway, enough for this episode.  and we'll see ya'll next week! Visit the After Episode Interrogation page for random ass questions about tonight's episode!'
The French Mistake After Episode Interrogations


AND by the way, the first person to send us a recreation of that painting of Sam in his Jared Padalecki home will get.... special mention? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment